Turkey Breast with Mustard-Sage Crumbs
- SERVINGS: 4
Seasoned bread crumbs form an appealing brown crust on this turkey breast that tastes as good as it looks. We developed it for quick weeknight cooking, but it would make a fine holiday feast for a small group.
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried sage
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 2-pound boneless, skinless turkey breast
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Heat the oven to 450°. In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, sage, parsley, butter, and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt.
- Season the turkey breast with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and the pepper. Set the turkey breast in a roasting pan and then brush the top and the sides of the breast with the mustard. Pat the seasoned bread crumbs onto the mustard.
- Roast the turkey for 20 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 375° and continue to roast the turkey breast until just done, 15 to 20 minutes longer. Transfer the turkey to a carving board and leave to rest in a warm spot for about 10 minutes. Cut the turkey into slices.
The mild flavors of this dish provide an opportunity to explore a full-flavored red wine. Try a bottle of easy-to-like, easy-to-drink Zinfandel from California or a Shiraz from Australia.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.