© Tina Rupp
Turkey and Green Bean Stir-Fry with Peanuts
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- One 2-inch piece of peeled fresh ginger, cut into fine matchsticks
- 4 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Japanese mirin
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 2 loosely packed cups basil leaves (from 1 large bunch)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons roasted salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil until shimmering. Add the ginger and garlic; cook over moderate heat until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add the turkey and season with salt and pepper. Stir-fry, breaking up the meat, until nearly cooked, 4 minutes. Add the soy sauce and mirin and cook for 1 minute. Transfer to a bowl and wipe out the skillet.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to the skillet; heat until shimmering. Add the beans and stir-fry over high heat until crisp-tender and blackened in spots, 5 minutes. Add the beans to the turkey and let cool slightly. Add the basil and toss. Transfer the stir-fry to plates and sprinkle with the peanuts.