© Wendell T. Webber
Turkey and Earl Grey Honey Butter Tea Sandwiches
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: MAKES 32 TEA SANDWICHES
You will need a coffee grinder to grind the tea leaves here.
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Earl Grey tea (1 bag), finely ground
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 Granny Smith apple, peeled and coarsely shredded
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 16 thin slices pumpernickel bread
- 3/4 pound sliced smoked turkey
- In a mini food processor or in a bowl, blend the butter, honey, ground tea and salt. In a medium bowl, toss the apple with the lemon juice. Squeeze out any excess liquid and pulse or mix the apple into the honey butter.
- Spread a scant 1/2 tablespoon of the apple butter onto each slice of pumpernickel bread. Top half of the slices with the smoked turkey and close the sandwiches. Using a sharp serrated knife, trim off the bread crusts. Cut the sandwiches into 4 triangles, transfer to a plate and serve.
Make AheadThe uncut sandwiches can be covered with a lightly moistened paper towel and plastic wrap and refrigerated overnight. Bring to room temperature before serving.