- 32 thin baguette slices, cut from a medium loaf
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon wasabi paste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 pound sushi-grade tuna, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Hass avocado, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/3 cup finely diced seedless cucumber
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons chopped pickled ginger
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 350°. Toast the baguette slices on a large baking sheet until light golden and crisp, about 15 minutes. Let cool.
In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise with the wasabi paste and season with salt and pepper.
In a medium bowl, gently mix the tuna with the soy sauce, avocado, cucumber, scallion and ginger. Spoon a dollop of the wasabi mayonnaise onto each toast, top with the tuna tartare and serve.