- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for rubbing
- Four 5-ounce tuna steaks, about 1/2 inch thick
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 fennel bulb, cored and very thinly sliced
- Hot sauce
- In a bowl, mix the shallot, vinegar, maple syrup, capers and a pinch of salt and pepper; let stand for 15 minutes. Whisk in the oil.
- Meanwhile, place the tuna between sheets of plastic wrap and pound until the steaks are 1/4 inch thick. Rub with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a griddle. Add the tuna and cook on one side only until lightly seared, 1 minute. Transfer to plates, browned side up.
- Add the parsley, pomegranate seeds and fennel to the dressing and season with hot sauce. Toss gently, mound the salad over the tuna and serve right away.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.