- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon
- 1 small fennel bulb—cored and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/2 English cucumber—peeled, seeded and diced
- Two 6-ounce cans olive oil–packed tuna, drained
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Lettuce leaves or pita bread, for serving
In a bowl, whisk the shallot, vinegar, oil, sugar and tarragon. Add the fennel and cucumber and toss. Let stand for 5 minutes.
Add the tuna to the salad and season with salt and pepper. Spoon the salad into lettuce leaves or pita bread and serve.