Tuna Salad with Fennel, Cucumber and Tarragon
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
The key to any delicious uncooked recipe is great ingredients. Here, a good-quality oil-packed tuna is essential. You can wrap the salad in lettuce or stuff it into pitas for a heartier meal.
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon
- 1 small fennel bulbcored and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/2 English cucumberpeeled, seeded and diced
- Two 6-ounce cans olive oilpacked tuna, drained
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Lettuce leaves or pita bread, for serving
- In a bowl, whisk the shallot, vinegar, oil, sugar and tarragon. Add the fennel and cucumber and toss. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add the tuna to the salad and season with salt and pepper. Spoon the salad into lettuce leaves or pita bread and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.