- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- One 7-ounce jar olive oil-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 small roasted red pepper, coarsely chopped (1/2 cup)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 24 thin baguette toasts
How to make this recipe
- In a food processor, combine 4 tablespoons of the butter with the tuna and red pepper and process to a coarse puree. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small skillet, melt the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter. Add the pine nuts and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Spread about 2 teaspoons of tuna mousse on each toast and transfer to a platter. Garnish with the toasted pine nuts and serve.
The mousse can be refrigerated overnight. Bring to room temperature before serving.