- 12 ounces egg noodles
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup whole milk
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna fish in water, drained
- 2 cups fresh bread crumbs
How to make this recipe
Cook the pasta in a pot of boiling salted water until tender. Drain the pasta, then place back in the pot with the milk, 3 tablespoons of the butter and tuna fish and toss until the butter is melted. Whisk in the egg yolks and cheese.
Transfer to a buttered 3-quart baking dish. Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of the butter, then toss with the bread crumbs. Sprinkle the pasta mixture with the bread crumbs then broil 3 inches from the heat until the crumbs are golden, about 2 minutes. Serve.