Tuna Carpaccio with Citrus-Ginger Dressing
- SERVINGS: 4 FIRST-COURSE SERVINGS
Look for the freshest sushi-grade tuna available to make this raw dish.
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeño
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- One 8-ounce sushi-grade tuna fillet, cut 1/2 inch thick
- 4 large radishes, sliced paper thin
- In a saucepan, combine the orange and lemon juices and boil over high heat until reduced to 1/3 cup, 7 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; let cool. Stir in the vinegar, soy, jalapeño and ginger. Whisk in the olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
- In a small skillet, toast the sesame seeds over moderately high heat, shaking the pan until golden, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Cut the tuna into 4 equal pieces. Place 1 piece of tuna between 2 sheets of plastic and pound to a 1/8-inch thickness. Remove the top sheet of plastic and invert the tuna onto a plate. Repeat with the remaining tuna.
- Stir the dressing and spoon it over the tuna. Garnish with the radishes and sesame seeds and serve.