- 2 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup frozen baby peas
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons crème fraîche
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- One 6-ounce can or jar solid white tuna in olive oil, preferably Spanish or
Italian, drained and flaked
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces baby arugula (4 cups)
How to make this recipe
Put the potatoes and carrot in a steamer basket set over a pot of simmering water and steam until just tender, about 9 minutes. Sprinkle the frozen peas on top and steam just until heated through, 1 minute longer. Transfer the vegetables to a plate and refrigerate until they are cooled slightly, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with the crème fraîche, mustard and 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. Fold in the chopped parsley, chives, flaked tuna and cooled vegetables.
In a medium bowl, whisk the olive oil with the remaining 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Add the arugula and toss. Mound the greens on plates, top with the tuna and potato salad and serve.