- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Two 8-ounce jars tuna packed in olive oil, drained, plus 1 tablespoon of the
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup finely diced celery
- 6 cloves mashed roasted garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seeds
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 slices multigrain sandwich bread
- 4 ounces thinly sliced Gruyère cheese
In a medium bowl, mix the mayonnaise with the 1 tablespoon of olive oil from the tuna, the lemon juice, Dijon mustard, celery, roasted garlic, parsley, capers and celery seeds. Mix in the tuna and season with salt and pepper.
Spoon the tuna salad onto 4 slices of multigrain bread, top each one with 1 ounce of Gruyère and another slice of bread. Toast the sandwiches in a panini press until they’re golden and the cheese is melted.