- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon minced black truffle (optional), see Note
- 1 teaspoon white truffle oil
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup popcorn kernels (7 ounces)
- Freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Stir in the truffle, truffle oil and a pinch of salt; keep warm.
- In a large, heavy pot, heat the vegetable oil. Add the popcorn kernels, cover and cook over moderate heat until they start popping. Cook, shaking the pot continuously, until the popping has almost stopped. Carefully pour the popcorn into a very large bowl. Add the truffled butter and toss well. Season with salt and pepper and serve at once.
Jarred truffle shavings are available at specialty food stores.