- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 medium onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon unsulphered molasses
- 1 tablespoon malt vinegar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons mustard, preferably Creole
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium nonreactive saucepan and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes to blend the flavors. Remove from the heat and let cool.
Make AheadThe sauce can be refrigerated for up to 1 week.