- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 medium onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon unsulphered molasses
- 1 tablespoon malt vinegar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons mustard, preferably Creole
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
How to make this recipe
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium nonreactive saucepan and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes to blend the flavors. Remove from the heat and let cool.
The sauce can be refrigerated for up to 1 week.