Tropical Honey Punch
- TOTAL TIME: 10 MIN PLUS 2 HOURS FOR CHILLING
- SERVINGS: 8
"With this punch I wanted to re-create classic tiki flavors," says bartender Erick Castro. "They highlight the botanicals in the gin and the playful funkiness you can only get from Jamaican rum." The drink's uncommon garnish—a pinch of cinnamon—accents the rum.
- 8 ounces London dry gin
- 4 ounces aged rum, preferably Jamaican
- 4 ounces Velvet Falernum (clove-spiced liqueur)
- 6 ounces fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup honey syrup (1/3 cup honey mixed with 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons warm water)
- 8 dashes of Angostura bitters
- 1 big block of ice, plus 8 large ice cubes for serving
- 8 ounces chilled sparkling water
- 8 lemon wheels, 8 pineapple spears and cinnamon, for garnish
- In a punch bowl, combine all of the ingredients except the ice, sparkling water and garnishes. Refrigerate the punch until chilled, about 2 hours. Stir the punch well, then add the big block of ice and the sparkling water. Ladle each drink into a chilled rocks glass over 1 large ice cube. Garnish each drink with 1 lemon wheel, 1 pineapple spear and a pinch of cinnamon.