Tropical Fruit Soup
- SERVINGS: 8
Any good-quality fruit sorbet, especially one with a tropical flavor, can be used to garnish the soup.
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 large ripe peach, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 small ripe banana, halved
- 1 cup cubed fresh pinapple
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pint fruit sorbet
- Fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
- In a blender, combine the mango, peach, banana, pineapple, coconut milk, orange juice, lime juice and sugar and blend until smooth. Pass the puree through a fine strainer. Refrigerate until well chilled, for at least 1 hour or up to 1 day. Pour the soup into 8 small bowls and garnish each serving with a scoop of sorbet and a mint sprig.