- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- One 2-inch cinnamon stick
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1 1/2 cups finely diced pineapple ( 1/2 inch)
- 1 1/2 cups finely diced mango ( 1/2 inch)
- 1 cup finely diced papaya ( 1/2 inch)
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 small Scotch bonnet or habanero chile, minced
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- In a large saucepan, combine the vinegar, honey, brown sugar, coriander, cinnamon stick, cloves and bay leaf and bring to a simmer. Add the pineapple, mango, papaya, garlic, ginger and Scotch bonnet and season lightly with salt and white pepper. Simmer over low heat for 30 minutes. Let cool. Discard the cinnamon and bay leaf. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
The chutney can be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.