Tropical Chia Coconut-Mango Granola
- ACTIVE: 10 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 40 MIN
- SERVINGS: 5 cups
This granola can go from a delicious tropical and crunchy snack to a refreshing morning cereal in minutes. Serve with cold milk and the chia seeds become soft like tapioca pearls.
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 3/4 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 cup dried mango, diced into 1/4-inch pieces
- Preheat the oven to 325°. Line one large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, stir the oil and honey together just until it begins to simmer. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract and lemon zest.
- In a mixing bowl combine the oats, chia seeds, shredded coconut and sea salt. Pour the warm honey mixture over the dry ingredients and stir very well to coat. Spread into an even layer on the lined pan. Bake for 10 minutes; remove from the oven and stir every 5 minutes or so until the granola is an even light golden brown on all sides, about 20-25 minutes.
- While the granola is still hot, mix in the chopped mango pieces until they are evenly distributed. The granola will crisp up on the baking sheet as it cools.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.