- 7 habanero or Scotch bonnet chiles
- 15 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 15 scallions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large carrot, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard
- 2/3 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
How to make this recipe
- In a small saucepan of boiling water, blanch the chiles for 1 minute. Drain and let cool. Discard the stems.
- In a blender or food processor, pulse the chiles with the garlic, scallions, carrot and water until finely chopped. Add the vinegar, mustard, cilantro, thyme and lime juice and pulse just until combined. Season with salt. Transfer the sauce to jars and refrigerate.
The sauce can be refrigerated for 1 year.