Tricolore Salad with Walnuts and Prosciutto
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4 TO 6
- 3/4 cup walnut halves (3 ounces)
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 endives, cored and cut crosswise 1 inch thick
- 1 medium radicchiocored, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 arugula bunch, thick stems trimmed
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, fat removed, prosciutto torn in to pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spread the walnuts in a pie plate and toast for about 8 minutes, or until fragrant and golden. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the shallot with the vinegar and let stand for 5 minutes. Whisk in the mustard, then in a thin stream whisk in the oil. Season generously with salt and pepper. Add the endives, radicchio, arugula, parsley and walnuts and toss to coat. Top with the prosciutto and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.