- TOTAL TIME: 10 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes about 3/4 cup
Michelle Bernstein's mother taught her how to make this recipe when she was five years old because it is such an essential part of Argentinean cuisine; a bowl of chimichurri can be found on every dinner table. Chimichurri is typically served with steak, but it's also great on grilled fish and chicken.
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced (2 1/2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- In a food processor, combine the parsley, vinegar, garlic, oregano and crushed red pepper. Process until smooth; season with salt and pepper. Transfer the sauce to a bowl and pour the olive oil over the mixture. Let stand for at least 20 minutes.