- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced (2 1/2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
How to make this recipe
In a food processor, combine the parsley, vinegar, garlic, oregano and crushed red pepper. Process until smooth; season with salt and pepper. Transfer the sauce to a bowl and pour the olive oil over the mixture. Let stand for at least 20 minutes.
The chimichurri can be refrigerated overnight. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Watch this how-to video to find out the best way to peel and chop garlic.
Chimichurri sauce originated in Argentina as a complement to the country's great grass-fed beef; similarly, a smoky Argentine Malbec will make a great partner to grilled steaks topped with this expert sauce.