- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN plus 6 hr freezing
- SERVINGS: 8
Torrone is an Italian nougat made with honey, egg whites, sugar and nuts. It can be soft and chewy or hard and crunchy. The recipe here calls for folding crunchy store-bought nougat into whipped cream and honey, then freezing the mixture. What emerges is an utterly delicious, wonderfully simple ice cream–like dessert.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup acacia honey
- 1/2 pound hard hazelnut or almond torrone, finely chopped
- Warm hot fudge sauce, for serving
- In a large bowl, whip the cream with the honey until firm. Fold in the chopped torrone. Transfer the mixture to a large, deep plastic container and press a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface. Freeze until firm, at least 6 hours.
- Spoon the semifreddo into bowls, drizzle with hot fudge sauce and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.