Torn Garlic Bread
- ACTIVE: 10 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 10
Tearing the bread into large chunks ensures plenty of crispy, buttery edges. It’s a terrific accompaniment to bratwursts or grilled or roasted chicken, and an excellent garnish for hearty salads.
- 1 small shallot
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- Kosher salt
- One 1 1/4-pound sourdough boule, torn into 2-inch pieces
- Chopped flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°. In a food processor, pulse the shallot and garlic until finely chopped. Add the butter and puree until nearly smooth. Season the garlic butter with salt and pepper and scrape into a large bowl.
- Add the bread to the bowl and toss until coated. Spread the buttered bread on 2 large rimmed baking sheets. Bake for 15 minutes, until crisp on the outside but chewy in the middle. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a shallow bowl. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve warm.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.