- 3/4 pound fresh egg tonnarelli, tagliarini or thin fettuccine
- 1 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese (3 ounces), plus more for serving
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (1 1/2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock or low-sodium broth, warmed
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for serving
How to make this recipe
In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the tonnarelli, stirring, until al dente, about 6 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large, warmed pasta bowl, stir the 1 cup of Pecorino with the Parmesan, vegetable stock and pepper.
Drain the tonnarelli thoroughly and add it to the bowl. Using 2 forks, toss the pasta until the sauce is creamy. Mound on plates and serve at once, passing more Pecorino and pepper at the table.
The decadent texture and saltiness of this Roman pasta find a foil in a light white with lively acidity. Look for a Frascati from the Lazio region.