- 1 1/2 pounds sliced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons vodka
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated horseradish
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 2 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 dashes of Tabasco
- Herb sprigs, for serving
How to make this recipe
- In a colander set over a bowl, sprinkle the tomatoes with the salt. Let stand for 1 hour. Press the tomatoes lightly; you should have about 1 cup of tomato water. Reserve the tomatoes for a salad.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine cup of the tomato water with the tomato juice, vodka, lemon juice, dill pickle juice, horseradish, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco. Stir and pour into 2 ice-filled glasses. Garnish with herb sprigs and serve.