- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup pitted Niçoise olives
- 2 tablespoons oregano leaves
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- Kosher salt
- 1 small Kirby cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 5 tomatoes, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 ounces feta cheese, preferably Greek, crumbled (1/2 cup)
- Baby greens, for garnish
How to make this recipe
- In a medium saucepan, heat the 6 tablespoons of oil. Add the onion, olives and oregano and cook over moderately low heat, stirring, until the onion is softened, about 7 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in both vinegars. Season with salt. Cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, toss the cucumber with 1/2 tablespoon of the honey and season with salt.
- In a blender, puree the chopped tomatoes with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of honey and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Pour the soup into shallow bowls. Top with the onion-olive mixture, cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices and feta. Drizzle with olive oil, garnish with baby greens and serve.
Tangy, vibrant rosé.