© Jonathan Lovekin
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: Makes 1 cup
This easy dressing for salads, pasta, fish or grilled chicken steals a technique from Spanish kitchens: grating a whole tomato for perfect skin-free pulp.
Slideshow: More Salad Dressing Recipes
- 1 large heirloom tomato
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- Kosher salt
- Working over a medium bowl, grate the tomato on the large holes of a box grater until only the skin remains in your hand; discard the skin. Whisk in the shallot, lemon juice, olive oil and chives. Season with salt.