- SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 4 CUPS
This recipe is the ubiquitous Chilean accompaniment to grilled meats.
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 1 large jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- 5 ripe medium tomatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds)—peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped Vidalia onion
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro
- 1 to 2 tablespoons red chile sauce
- In a large mortar, crush the garlic, jalapeño and sea salt to a paste. Alternatively, mince the garlic and jalapeño with the salt, then use the flat side of the knife to pound or smash the mixture to a paste. Transfer the paste to a serving bowl and stir in the tomatoes, onion, oil, cilantro and chile sauce.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.