Tomato Salad with Scallions and Balsamic Dressing
- ACTIVE: 25 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8
The Van Wycks serve this quick and simple salad when ripe and juicy tomatoes are abundant in their garden.
- 3 1/2 pounds large beefsteak tomatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 scallions, white and tender green parts only, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded basil
- Arrange the tomatoes on a large platter. In a small bowl, whisk the white wine and balsamic vinegars with the sugar and paprika. Slowly whisk in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Stir in the scallions and half of the basil. Pour the dressing over the tomatoes and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour. Sprinkle the remaining basil over the tomatoes and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.