- 1/2 cup candied walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 pounds assorted heirloom tomatoes—thickly sliced, quartered or halved if
- 2 small celery ribs with leaves, ribs thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
In a bowl, toss the walnuts with 2 teaspoons of the vinegar and let stand for 10 minutes.
In another bowl, whisk the mustard with the remaining 2 teaspoons of vinegar and the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Arrange the tomatoes on a platter; season with salt. Add the celery and leaves, nuts and cheese. Drizzle with the dressing and serve.