Tomato Salad with Bacon, Blue Cheese and Basil
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6 to 8
- 1/4 pound sliced bacon
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, very finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon herbes de Provence
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 pounds assorted tomatoes, quartered or halved
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup torn basil leaves
- In a medium skillet, cook the bacon slices over moderate heat, turning once, until crisp. Drain the bacon on paper towels, then crumble into pieces.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil with the cider vinegar, garlic, Dijon mustard and herbes de Provence and season with salt and pepper. Arrange the tomatoes on a platter and season lightly with salt and pepper. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the tomatoes. Sprinkle with the crumbled bacon and blue cheese, garnish with the basil leaves and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.