© Fredrika Stjärne
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 10 Drinks
Kat Kinsman, managing editor of CNN's vodka would be a great addition as well.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 pounds tomatoes, preferably yellow or orange, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups ice water
- Lemon wedges and herb sprigs, for garnish
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and water and bring to a simmer over moderate heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Let the simple syrup cool to room temperature.
- In a food processor, puree the tomatoes and strain the puree through a sieve into a pitcher; discard the solids. Add the simple syrup, lemon juice and ice water and stir.
- Fill 10 tall glasses with ice. Pour in the tomato lemonade, garnish with lemon wedges and herb sprigs and serve.