- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coarse sea salt
- 2 1/4 pounds tomatoes, cored and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 pound cucumbers, peeled and sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
How to make this recipe
In a skillet, toast the cumin seeds over moderately high heat until fragrant, 30 seconds; transfer to a mortar and let cool. Add the salt and grind to a coarse powder.
In a large bowl, toss the tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, oil and lemon juice. Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of the cumin salt over the salad and toss. Serve the salad on a platter.