Tomato, Cucumber and Onion Salad
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8
- 2 large tomatoes (about 8 ounces each), cut into 1-inch dice
- 1 pound seedless cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 small red chile, such as chile de árbol, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil or other vegetable oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large bowl, toss the tomatoes with the cucumber, onion, chiles and cilantro. Drizzle with the oil, season with salt and pepper and serve.
Make Ahead The salad can stand at room temperature for up to 1 hour.