- SERVINGS: Makes about 1 1/2 cups
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- Pinch of salt
- In a nonreactive medium saucepan, melt the butter in the olive oil over moderate heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the tomatoes are soft, about 25 minutes. Pass the sauce through a food mill or strainer into a small bowl, pressing on the solids to extract the juices. Serve warm.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.