- 4 baking potatoes (2 1/2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1-inch dice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 8 cocktail onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped capers
- 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- Pinch cayenne
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- In a large saucepan, cover the potatoes with salted water. Bring to a simmer and cook over moderate heat until the potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix the mayonnaise with the cocktail onions, capers, tarragon, shallot, vinegar, water and cayenne. Gently fold in the potatoes, celery, and tomatoes and season generously with salt and pepper. Arrange the iceberg lettuce on a serving plate. Scrape the potato salad onto the lettuce and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.