- 2 cups watercress leaves, thick stems discarded
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 oil-packed anchovy fillet
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 cups diced ciabatta bread (1 1/4-inch dice)
- 1 pound tomatoes, cut into 1-inch dice
- 1 1/2 ounces shaved pecorino cheese (3/4 cup)
How to make this recipe
- In a food processor, pulse the watercress, capers, garlic and anchovy until finely chopped. Add the oil and vinegar and process until the dressing is smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss the ciabatta, tomatoes, shaved pecorino and dressing; season with salt and pepper and serve.
Herbal New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc.