- 1 medium Vidalia onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 large tomatoes, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
In a medium bowl, toss the onion slices with the sugar and cover with cold water. Let soak for 10 minutes. Drain and rinse the onion, then pat dry.
Layer the tomato and onion slices on a large platter or in a bowl; season generously with salt and drizzle with the olive oil. Sprinkle with the jalapeños and cilantro and serve.