- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 ounces fresh pineapple, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 2/3 cup)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 scallion, white and tender green parts only, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon mirin
- 2 large tomatoes, cored and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/4 small sweet onion, very thinly sliced
- 4 ounces baby arugula
- 1/4 cup Golden Garlic Chips
How to make this recipe
In a blender or mini food processor, combine the soy sauce with 2 tablespoons of the pineapple pieces and the canola oil, rice vinegar, sugar, sliced scallion and mirin and puree until smooth.
Arrange the tomato slices on one half of a large serving platter and scatter the thinly sliced sweet onion over the top of them. Drizzle the vegetables with half of the pineapple–soy dressing. In a large bowl, toss the baby arugula with the remaining pineapple pieces and pineapple-soy dressing. Mound the arugula salad alongside the tomatoes and onions and garnish with the Golden Garlic Chips.