- 1/2 baguette, cut into 1-inch pieces (4 cups)
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 2 pounds heirloom tomatoes, halved or cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 pound buffalo mozzarella cheese, cut into large pieces
- 1 tablespoon orange-flavored olive oil
- Basil leaves, for garnish
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 350°. On a large baking sheet, toss the baguette pieces with 2 tablespoons of the extra-virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake, tossing occasionally, until crisp and golden, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool.
In a large bowl, gently toss the tomatoes with the remaining 3 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange the tomatoes and mozzarella on a platter. Top with the croutons and drizzle with the orange oil. Garnish with the basil and serve.