© Keller & Keller
Tomato and Feta Cheese Strata
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup low-fat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sage
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- One 16-ounce can diced tomatoes with their juices
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 5 ounces whole wheat peasant bread, cut into 1-inch cubes (4 cups)
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 450°. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, then whisk in the yogurt and parsley.
- In a 10-inch ovenproof skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the onion, garlic, sage and crushed red pepper and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until the onion is softened and lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes and their juices, season with salt and pepper and bring to a simmer. Stir in the bread and sprinkle with the feta. Pour the egg mixture on top and bake for 20 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool slightly, then serve.
NotesOne Serving 303 cal, 13 gm fat, 4.6 gm saturated fat, 32 gm carb, 3 gm fiber.