- 2 large plum tomatoes, coarsely grated on a box grater
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup pure olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Vegetable oil, for brushing
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the grated tomatoes, garlic, olive oil and cilantro. Add the chicken and coat thoroughly with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Light a grill. Thread the chicken onto 8 metal skewers, leaving a small space between each piece. Brush the chicken with vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over moderate heat, turning occasionally, until lightly charred and just cooked through, about 15 minutes.
Beer A brisk Mexican lager like Sol is fantastic with ingredients like the tomato and cilantro here.
Wine An equally vibrant white wine, like a Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand's Marlborough region, would also pair well.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.