- 6 small garlic cloves, halved
- 1/4 cup milk
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 pounds assorted heirloom tomatoes, cut into wedges and slices
- 1/4 cup small basil leaves
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 white anchovy fillets
- 2 teaspoons aged balsamic vinegar
How to make this recipe
- In a small saucepan, cover the garlic with cold water and bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes, then drain. Repeat two more times, blanching the garlic until tender; drain and transfer to a mini food processor. Add the milk and puree until smooth. Season the garlic cream with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss the tomatoes and basil with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Gently stir in the anchovies to combine.
- Spoon the garlic cream onto plates and top with the tomato salad. Drizzle with the balsamic vinegar and the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and serve.