- 6 small garlic cloves, halved
- 1/4 cup milk
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 pounds assorted heirloom tomatoes, cut into wedges and slices
- 1/4 cup small basil leaves
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 white anchovy fillets
- 2 teaspoons aged balsamic vinegar
In a small saucepan, cover the garlic with cold water and bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes, then drain. Repeat two more times, blanching the garlic until tender; drain and transfer to a mini food processor. Add the milk and puree until smooth. Season the garlic cream with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, toss the tomatoes and basil with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Gently stir in the anchovies to combine.
Spoon the garlic cream onto plates and top with the tomato salad. Drizzle with the balsamic vinegar and the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and serve.