- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup blanched slivered almonds
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 packed cup basil leaves
- 1/4 cup water
- Freshly ground black pepper
In a skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil. Add the almonds and toast over high heat, shaking the pan, until lightly browned, 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook until the skins just brown, 2 minutes. Let cool, then transfer to a food processor. Add the garlic, basil and remaining 2 tablespoons of oil; pulse until the almonds are chopped. Add the water and process to a chunky puree. Season with salt and pepper and serve.