- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: 1 1/2 cups
Toasted almonds and blistered tomatoes give this Sicilian basil pesto, known as pesto Trapanese, a deep, rich flavor that’s sensational with steamed or grilled vegetables.
Slideshow: Pesto Recipes
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup blanched slivered almonds
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 packed cup basil leaves
- 1/4 cup water
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil. Add the almonds and toast over high heat, shaking the pan, until lightly browned, 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook until the skins just brown, 2 minutes. Let cool, then transfer to a food processor. Add the garlic, basil and remaining 2 tablespoons of oil; pulse until the almonds are chopped. Add the water and process to a chunky puree. Season with salt and pepper and serve.