- SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 3/4 CUP
This tangy salsa is wonderful with grilled beef, chicken or pork.
- 4 tomatillos, husked and rinsed
- 2 unpeeled large garlic cloves
- 1 canned chipotle chile in adobo
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Light a grill or heat a medium cast-iron skillet. Grill or sear the tomatillos and garlic over moderate heat until the tomatillos have blackened and the garlic has softened, 7 to 8 minutes for the tomatillos and 12 minutes for the garlic. Peel the garlic and transfer to a food processor. Add the tomatillos, chipotle and sugar and puree until smooth. Season with salt and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.