- 2 cups quinoa (3/4 pound)
- 3 cups water
- 8 tomatillos (1/2 pound), husked
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 7 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 1 serrano chile, seeded and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 large cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch radishes (3/4 pound), thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 10 ounces cooked corn (2 cups)
- 4 ounces queso añejo or ricotta salata, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime zest
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Toast the quinoa on a baking sheet for 8 minutes. Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan. Add the quinoa, cover and simmer until the water is absorbed, 15 minutes; cool.
- In a medium saucepan of boiling water, blanch the tomatillos for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- In a blender, puree the tomatillos with the yellow onion, cilantro, lime juice, parsley, oil, vinegar, chile and garlic. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in the quinoa. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with the cucumber, radishes, red onion, bell pepper, corn, queso añejo and lime zest; serve.
One Serving Calories 467 kcal, Total Fat 21 gm, Saturated Fat 5 gm.