- SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 4 CUPS
Refreshing salsa is good for a picnic because it can sit for a while. The salsa's heat makes it wonderful to serve with grilled salmon, tuna or chicken.
- 3/4 pound tomatillos, husked
- 4 Anaheim chiles
- 2 jalapeño chiles
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 red onion, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- Light a grill or preheat the broiler. Brush the tomatillos, chiles, bell peppers and onion with the oil and grill over a medium-hot fire, turning occasionally, until softened and lightly charred all over, about 8 minutes for the tomatillos and 10 to 12 minutes for the chiles, bell peppers and onion. Transfer the chiles and bell peppers to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let cool completely. Coarsely chop the tomatillos and onion and transfer to another bowl.
- Peel, core and seed the bell peppers. Finely chop the jalapeños and coarsely chop the Anaheims and bell peppers. Add them to the bowl with the tomatillo mixture, then stir in the lime juice and olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Serve with tortilla chips.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.