- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 1 cup
This tangy, creamy sauce from chef Geoffrey Zakarian’s book, My Perfect Pantry, is delicious served alone as a dip or with egg dishes like huevos rancheros.
Slideshow: Party Dips
- 1 Hass avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 4 fresh tomatillos, husked, rinsed and chopped
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon seeded and minced jalapeño
- Kosher salt
- Crudités or chips, for serving
- Using a fork, mash the avocado with the tomatillos, cilantro, red onion, lime juice and jalapeño to form a chunky sauce. Season with salt. Serve with crudités or chips.