- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 pound tomatillos, husked and coarsely chopped
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 serrano or 3 jalapeño chiles, coarsely chopped
- 6 cilantro sprigs, coarsely chopped
- 1 ripe Hass avocado, halved and pitted
How to make this recipe
In a mortar or a food processor, pound or pulse the garlic with 1 teaspoon of salt until a paste forms. Add the tomatillos, onion, chiles and cilantro and pound or pulse until a slightly chunky puree forms. Add the avocado and pound or pulse until smooth. Season the salsa with salt and serve right away.